Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 36 -- An Interesting Week

My Zone Leader is not sick with dengue fever anymore. I haven't used the linasa, but Hna C did and it is a little weird so I am going to hold off on using it for a little while.
  
I am over my cold now... I just freaking hurt all over from walking (NO JOKE) a total of 12 hours the past two days.... I will explain. 

So I don't know that I will be able to answer all of your emails or even all the questions in this email because, well, something unexpected happened this week. We had emergency transfers. I don't really understand all the details. From what I understand there was a problem with the rent. We had to fill out some new forms for our house and the rent and I guess there were some complications and some members in the ward were complaining that the house we lived in was dangerous anyway, but whatever. But we got a call from our Zone Leaders and they pretty much just told us that President Dester was going to be picking us up the next day and that we needed to be packed. So on Wednesday morning President and Sister Dester came and picked us up and brought us to San Pedro. We have been staying with the Hermana Training Leaders (Hnas M and Z) and the mission nurses (Hnas B and R). It's been kind of weird to not be in my area, in a different house, and yeah, we are pretty much just chilling out and going on divisions every day until Wednesday when we have changes for real and we get assigned new areas, but it is for sure that Hna C and I will not be together after this. That's why I am on e-mail so early because we have to do whatever they do and they wanted to come in the morning and we only have an hour for e-mail today...   Sorry, no pictures today.  It's been a crazy week.

1.  What did you do for P-Day this week? 

I sat around and took a shower and now I am here. 

2.  What song is your piano student working on now?  

I haven't taught her all week because of the emergency transfer

3.  How did your mini CCM activity go on Friday?

I was not there for the activity because of the emergency transfer

4.  How was church yesterday?  Did any of your less active members come to church?   

Church was really, really weird because we were in a new ward, what a WARD! And we felt like visitors... but there really weren't that many more people than there are in El Dorado which suprised me since its a ward. 

5.  How is Gloria doing?  Who else are you working with? 

Again, I dont know. 

6.  What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week?  Answers to your prayers? 

Well, I had been struggling with well still being in Copan and and then all of the sudden everything changed. So I know that the Lord is aware of each of us and that He knows what we need. Someone also gave me ice cream -- real ice cream -- here in San Pedro and I almost cried!  It's crazy that the houses are almost like real houses. There are some mansions, too, that are in this area but I was so happy to just have running water and little things like that which were really tender mercies after being in Copan for so long. 

7.  How has someone else blessed your life this week? 

I have been going on divisions with Hna Z from Guatemala and she is so cute. All of our citas (appointments) have fallen through and that's why we have walked and walked and walked more than I ever have in my life, but it's been so fun! She is so cute and just so nice. We just laugh and talk and it's been really, really nice to just feel like I can be me. 

8.  What was the best thing that happened this week? 

Well, it's also the worst... but we got to come to San Pedro. 

9.  You have sounded discouraged lately….have you had more moments of happiness or joy this week?  Do you think that you and/or Hna C will be transferred? 

Eh, this week has been a lot of self reflection and seeing what I can do and I think I know how I can be happy the rest of my mission but this week really has just been awkward since we are just floating around without a district, an area, investigators or anything... but we will definitely have changes this week on Wednesday.  As for how I can be happy the rest of my mission -- after a lot of self-reflection I realized that I need to focus on gratitude and being grateful for my blessings, for my mission, and for whatever position I am in and to do my best in whatever position I am in.

11.  What was the funnest/funniest thing that happened this week? 

I got to go running for like 3 days in a row! I only ran for like 15 minutes and I was sore, haha, and I didn't even run fast! That's so sad.... I'm so out of shape. 

12.  What was the spiritual highlight of your week?

See #6

13.  What service have you done for others?  What service have others done for you this week? 
Well, all the hermanas in the house had to get everything ready for us to come to San Pedro so we have beds and a fridge and a table. I just try to wash dishes... I really don't know what to do with myself at the moment. 
14.  What did you learn from your personal study this week?  Where are you at in the Old Testament?  What else are you studying right now? 

In the Old Testament I finished Psalms and so I am in Proverbs. I have been working more on my lesson plans. 

15.  Do you know that I love you SO much and I miss you? 

Always. 

16.  What has been the most beautiful thing you’ve seen this week? 

In our drive with President Dester he pointed out some fences that were from green wood and so now there are trees growing out of the fence posts and it was really neat. 

17.  Did anything unusual or strange happen this week? 

EMERGENCY TRANSFERS

18.  What are you looking forward to this week? 

Changes so that I can go back to having a real area. 

19.  What did President Dester have to say this week? 

That I will have changes and that he's sorry that we had to get pulled out of El Dorado.

20.  How do you feel you’ve done this week in being a better Consecrated Missionary and “the Fourth Missionary”? 

I will let you know when I got back to being a real missionary.

21.  Now that you've been there a while (can you believe you're almost halfway through????), what are some Honduran customs that you have come to like or appreciate? What is your favorite food that you've eaten on your mission so far?  What is your favorite memory/experience from your mission so far? 

I don't have time to answer.... please repeat next week. 

This is a terrible email but really I have no time...we only have an hour for e-mail today.  Please tell everyone I'm sorry I couldn't respond to their e-mails.  No pictures this week, too.  Sorry!  


Hna Gisseman

No comments:

Post a Comment