Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 46 -- Sickness Strikes Again -- and More Root Beer

HOLA!

So just to let you know in advance, we didn't do like anything this week because poor Hna N was sick. She had a fever for 5 days and didn't eat and had aches and looked pretty terrible... so we were in the house for a long, long time.  She had a virus that is similar to dengue fever but isn't dengue.  But we would go to Hna Marcia's and watch church movies with her to keep me from going to insane, lol.

1.  Tell me about one of your days from this week.  What did you do, where did you go, what did you teach in lessons, who did you meet with, etc.?

We had a record low for number of lessons we have taught in a week.... we didn't really have any at all.... so yeah, I had lessons with myself while I studied and studied and then maybe studied some more.

2.  What did you do for P-Day today?

We cleaned and took out money and paid the light bill. We played soccer in the stake center and I actually played and it was pretty fun and I may or may not have accidentally run into some elders to get the ball... i just get too competitive, even in sports that I don't like. Then we went to Pizza Hut and to the American-ish grocery store and now we are here.... but that was fun... we tried 3 other internet cafes today and they were ALL full and the last one finally had computers so that was quite stressful trying to find internet.  But this computer doesn't have a USB port so I can't upload any pictures this week.  So no pictures.  But I'll send pictures next week.  I'll take lots of pictures of me opening my birthday presents and send them to you.  :-)

3.  How are the musical numbers coming along for ward conference next week?

I don't know... we haven't had practice since last Sunday....

4.  How was stake conference?  Did you have investigators there?  Was it like a stake conference that we would have here in the States?

We did not go to stake conference.  Our investigator, I, went, though. I was really bummed out, to be honest, because we couldn't go and President and Sister Dester both spoke in both sessions, too, and I couldn't go.... I cried a little bit.

5.  How are I, E, and Is. doing?  And SS and her family?

Iris is super pilas like always. E...I don't know...we haven't seen him this week. S is doing well and she already has a testimony of this gospel and of Joseph Smith.  We got her a triple combination, and she's reading in the Pearl of Great Price! Like, who does that?!  She's awesome and I know they will get baptized, it's just a matter of when. Is. is Is.  He needs to act but he just won't.

 6.  You said you spoke in church last Sunday about how to invite people to come to ward conference...what did you say about it?

That it's really not that hard! So I gave them some Ideas on how to do it. Like give out invitations, or if you are singing in the choir invite someone to come hear you sing.  I don't know...just a few ideas and that really we can talk about the church in any conversation even just something like, "Hey, how was your weekend? Mine was good, we went to church and whatever whatever.... " and share what you learned.  So we really should be examples of the believers in conversation! And we should speak about what we believe!

7.  Are I and E still planning to get baptized on the 23rd?  Did you talk with her about giving up coffee?

Yeah, I don't know because we weren't able to visit her this week.  She was doing well but now that we haven't seen her.... I don't know.  She should be getting baptized but E didn't come to church this Sunday so I'm not sure what we are going to do.

8.  How has someone else blessed your life this week?

I love Hna Marcia so much. She is like a mom to us. She let us invade her home while my companion was sick and just watch church movies in her house. She made soup especially for my companion. Joselin like us, too, I think. She bought me baleadas, made me popcorn and was just super sweet to us. I just love that family and I will be so sad to leave them.

9.  How have you blessed someone else's life this week?

I tried to do service for my companion this week... taking the phone calls, arranging rides to take us to the clinics so she could get blood work, getting her water and etc... but unfortunately I am still a little impatient and 5 days in the house drove me BONKERS so I probably didn't do enough service for her or maybe there just wasn't enough love in it... i need to work on that.

10.  What was the best thing that happened this week?

I did get to watch a lot of church movies and being a TV addict and all before the mission.... watching the TV felt nice, lol.

11.  What was the funniest/funnest thing that happened this week?

My companion talks in her sleep when she's really, really tired and doesn't feel well and it scared me so bad!  I woke up and she was saying stuff and it was funny. And this one lady in the ward came over to visit her last night, but there was some tension between her and someone else there, and it was so uncomfortable I had to try not to laugh.

12.  What did you learn in church yesterday?

We didn't go....

13.  What did you do for your district meeting and zone meeting this week?

Elder Scott likes pulling pranks... but I knew that. I watched him put a lizard in my hymn book and then I went to let it out and it fell on the floor and I screamed and the worst part is I knew he did it because I watched him do it but I still screamed, lol. But an elder talked about how to find new people to teach and how we can be creative!

14.  What was the spiritual highlight of your week?

I was praying to know how I could feel the love of God more in my life and, I don't know, just come to know Him and a scripture came to mind which never happens to me like ever.... like just some random reference. 1 John 4:7 and it was just perfect for me at the time and I really like that.  I think that I just need to have more love for others.

15.  What did you learn from your personal study this week?

I don't know.  But I finished my project!!! FINALLY ! So I will continue reading in Preach My Gospel and doing the activities at the end of each section.  I am slowly but surely getting through Jeremiah and I think I'm in Alma in the Book of Mormon and in Section 88 in the Doctrine and Covenants and it is really, really interesting! I read that in Spanish so I don't' know if i understood it all perfectly but it is really good and has lots of deep doctriney things

16.  Do you know that I love you SO much and I miss you?

Always

17.  What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week?

Ummmm.... Hna Marcia's house and not ours.  LOL

18.  Did anything unusual or strange happen this week?

A guy got on the bus today and started preaching to us. I found that ironic.

19.  What are you looking forward to this week?

Just getting to work again.

20.  What was the best thing and the worst thing you ate this week?

The best... Hna Marcia made some really, really good chicken this week and I love her guacamole!  The worst... probably a tomato salad... mostly because I don't like tomatoes.

I got a Disney post card from Christelle this week!  Thank you!  And lots of e-mails from family and friends...I got e-mails from the Eubanks, Brinley, Ian, Christine, and even more people...I haven't even had a chance to look at them all yet.  I love mail!

And Happy Aniversary to Erin!!!!

I love you!
Hermana Gisseman

No comments:

Post a Comment