Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 63 - Multizona Meeting!

Hola!

1.  Did the second box of gifts for Fam M-C arrive yet? 

Yes!!!! They arrived and Marcia called me and started crying. She was so grateful. She was going to come to visit me when we went to Fesitranh for a multizone conference, but she had dengue fever and couldn't get out of bed.  :( But she did call and she said that she was just so happy and grateful for everything. Thanks, Mom. 

2.  My friend Christelle wants to know if the Christmas gift she mailed to you has arrived yet? 

Nope...  but maybe I will get it tomorrow. 

3.  Have you done anything Christmas-y yet, like caroling or anything like that? 

Nope... I hope that we do something like that but I don't know if the Zone Leaders are going to organize something or not... tomorrow at our district meeting I think that I will give them the idea again. Oh, and our District Leader is going home three weeks early... we all like him and now he's ditching us... well, Pres Dester is sending him so he can be home in time for the holidays. 

4.  Have you heard from Josselyn yet from the MTC? 

No, but I'm going to write her right now! 

5.  How are D and her family doing?  Did they go to church yesterday? 

Yeah, they all went to church yesterday and her son got the priesthood! So that was exciting. They are doing well... They just need to get married but we are still waiting for them to do it. 

6.  How is P doing?  Were you able to see her this week? 

No... so she has work now and we haven't been able to find her. She can't even come to the English classes because she is working. So we are really bummed about that. 

7. What did you do for P-Day this week?  

We cleaned the house... Hna A took out money and we ate as a zone in Pizza Hut and now we are here. 

8.  Have you seen S and her husband again this week? 

Yeah, we even took a member with us. But when we went she was really upset and her husband didn't come out to listen to us. After the lesson she started crying and said that they didn't have any money and that he was going to leave her and it was really, really hard. We prayed with them and left but were going to pass by on Sunday to go to church with them. Well, we passed by and they had moved to another barrio... so we won't be able to keep visiting them and we have to find out exactly where they went to the elders can try and find them. It was really, really sad. 

9. What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week? Answers to your prayers? 

Getting to talk to Pres Dester. 

10.  How has someone else blessed your life this week? 

I got a picture from Shuly this week. She printed out a big picture of us -- of me and Hna N with her and her kids and she decorated it on the computer.  :)  It was really cute and sweet of them to think of me. Oh, and Hna A killed a scorpion that we found in a box of my stuff.... EEEW! 

11. How have you served someone else this week?

We decorated a Christmas tree for a member in the ward!!!! It was really fun and I really enjoyed it. If felt a little more like Christmas. 

12.  What songs is the ward choir working on for Christmas?  

Hark, the Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night and one from the children's book that is called star something...I don't know.  And three other ones like Feliz Navidad, Marinero something...I don't know...they are in Spanish. 

13.  How did it go playing the piano for church yesterday? What were the hymns?  

I didn't play. The Primary had their program and it was so cute, lol, but I got out of playing for 2 Sundays in a row! 

14.  Have you been able to talk to more people this week?  

Eh... it feels like we have but then when I look at the numbers they are the same. So I don't really know. But it has been rainy like everyday and so that makes it a little harder. 

15. What was the best thing that happened this week?  

The multizona (multizone conference). I loved getting to see all the missionaries and Pres and Sister Dester! But I was sad because we didn't do anything christmas-y... But President talked and the assistants to the president talked and we had a really, really yummy lunch (boneless skinless chicken breasts -- wow, I didn't realize how much I missed boneless chicken!, rice, veggies, rolls, and tres leches cake). And during one of the workshops President Dester pulled me out to have talk to and told me just what I needed to hear which was really nice. He really is very inspired. But I always love seeing him. Oh, and they gave everyone flu shots... but not me because I refused, lol, heehee.  And there was a huge traffic jam on the way home and our bus drove down the wrong side of the road, lol. 

16. What was the funniest/funnest thing that happened this week?  

We had a noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) with a family last Monday and their youngest son who is like 4 or 5 started dancing all the different types of Latin dances and it was hilarious! I should have taken my camera but we will see if I can get him to do it again tonight when we visit them, lol. 

17. What was the spiritual highlight of your week? 

Last night we had a really cool experience. A member gave us the reference of her son who is excommunicated (but we didn't know that at the time... we thought he was less active).  We had passed by the night before and no one was home so we left. But we were walking to a different cita and I said that I wanted to find this reference. So we went to the house again and he was right there like he was waiting in the gate. So we went over and asked if he was who we were looking for and he was and he invited us in. And he just started talking and we could feel the Spirit so strongly and it was really awesome. He wants to come back and he feels the desire. He said that we were the first people to visit him in 9 years. And that he felt like we truly were representatives of Christ. I also enjoyed talking with Pres Dester. 

18. What did you learn from your personal study this week? 

I am learning more about the life of Christ... but nothing earth shattering. I am also rereading the talks from General Conference and I really like the ones from the Saturday afternnoon session. There are some macheties! 

19. Do you know that I love you and I miss you? 

Always

20.  What was the best thing and the worst thing you ate this week?  

I really didn't eat anyting gross... probably rice with ketchup but whatevs. The best thing.... chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting in Pizza Hut, lol. 

21. What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week? 

Eh... I don't know. The clouds looked cool until it started raining. 

22.  How are the English classes going that you teach?  

Pretty good. The same people come all the time.  It's going well. 

23.  Have you heard anything from Pres Dester lately?  

Yeah, he talked to me on Wednesday and just reassured me that I'm doing a good job and that the Lord is pleased with what I do. And that really my worth doesn't depend on stats or numbers or wins or grades but that it's something independent and infinite.  

24.  Looking back on your mission, what have you learned about yourself?  In what ways do you think you have changed as a result of your mission? 

Just that I don't have to be perfect. I honestly thought before the mission that it was almost impossible to get to the celestial kingdom... but now I don't think like that anymore. I honestly believe that Christ won't stop working with us, perfecting us if we let Him. I think that I have a more positive outlook on things now. 

Do you know what the plans are for your Christmas Skype? 

Nope... but we are working on that so I will let you know next P-Day! 

I got letters from Grace Clark, the Relief Society in Warner Robins, drawings from the Stylers and a first presidency card and the box for Fam M-C last week.

Love you!

Hermana GIsseman 

Washing my hair....




And the multizone conference















Our beautiful, beautiful girl






The scorpion that was in one of my boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment