Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 69 -- I love the beach....and some gorgeous sunsets

1. How is Hna S doing?  

She is getting a better...She understands more. And I always try to speak to her in Spanish in the street and when we do planning... at nights I take pity on her, lol. But she understands everything that I say. She just needs to speak. We have had inventory and we talk about it and I think that it's getting better. I have started giving her more specific things to do and to study and that has helped. Like giving her the section on Joseph Smith in a lesson, or on Faith or something specific so she can prepare. And I give the lesson to her in all the lessons we teach with menos activos (less active members) pretty much because she feels more comfortable with them. 

2.  Have you received any more packages? 

Nope... this week I didn't get anything. 

3.  How are D and her family doing?  Is their son still in date to be baptized in early February? 

Yes... but the date is being moved because Hno F has a lot of work stuff and they want him to be really prepared which is a good thing. But they are both so sweet and they just love our visits and we love them. And they will get baptized, it's just a matter of time. I just pray that I will be here to see it. They are doing well though. 

4.  How was church?  Did you have many investigators and less active members there?  Did you learn anything new? 

We just had Familia M...(D's family). 

5.  How is Familia R? 

Their car broke down on Sunday on their way to church and so they couldn't come. They want to be baptized though but the hermano has to get divorced first and it costs a lot and they just don't have the money to do it... so it will be a long time before I think they will be able to get baptized... but I have the faith that they will make it happen. 

6.  What did you do for P-Day this week?  

Today we went to the beach! We weren't going to go because of the weather but I really, really wanted to go so we went anyway, lol. Not the whole zone but most of the zone. We played soccer on the beach and then we ate at the yummy restaurant from the other day. It was fun but it stressed me out a little bit because I was essentially in charge of arranging the transportation, making sure everyone had a good time, planning, etc.

7.  What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week?  Answers to your prayers?

This week I was feeling a little bit crummy... I feel like I am doing everything but nothing at the same time. And then on Saturday when we had lunch with the elders they told me that they were in the house and they were outside and then an hermano passed by and was fixing shoes and they had shoes to be fixed and so they started talking to him and he said that he was taught by some hermanas and one had pretty eyes... well, it was Hno C and his wife is S... the really humble people who moved and we never found again! Well, they have been found again! And so I was so happy that the elders now know him and can visit him. And then on Sunday out of no where i heard HERMANA! and I turned around and it was S who just passsed by and wanted to say hi and it just reminded me that there really are people here who have been touched by my work and people who will remember me. It was a very special moment during a tough week. 

8.  How has someone else blessed your life this week? 

We went with Familia R and they are very humble but after one of our lessons this week they gave us dinner. It just made me feel so special, that these people just give us all that they have and I have seen it before in my mission, but it just makes me feel so blessed. 

9.  Describe a time this week when you felt the Spirit. 

I don't really know. 

10.  Have you spent more time with Familia G this week? 

Yeah!  Their son M went out with us twice this week and he is just so cute and he even teaches in the lessons!  Every Sunday we have dinner with them and it's always just a good time. We laugh and Hna S talks more and it just feels a little bit like home. 

11.  Did you have a favorite appointment or lesson this week, one that went really well and that you felt like the person you were teaching was really receptive to? 

Well, I really like going with Familia R because they appreciate us. I also love Fam M.  There are tons of great people here! I just love them all. 

12.  How are Hna M and her family doing?  

Well... not coming to church. The son is really just not interested in coming and he's a member. We visited them again and he says he doesn't want to come and his stepbrother is the one we are teaching and it is just not a good example... but we shall see. I have the feeling that we need to keep visiting them... 

13.  How have you served someone this week? 

Well... I cleaned the kitchen for Hna S and sweep just about every day... I don't know if that is service, though, since I do it more for me, haha.

14.  Have you been able to talk to a lot of people this week? 

Eh... due to the rain here it's been a little difficult... less people in the streets and such. But it's hard because I have to do all the contacts.... and it's not my favorite thing but we have to keep getting lessons and such and yeah. I will get better

15.  Did you e-mail Hna B?  

I did but she didnt email back so I don't know if she got it.

16.  What was the best thing happened this week? 

We went to the beach! I just love the beach. It's so relaxing to me and just really pretty.

17.  What was the funnest/funniest thing that happened this week?  

We were walking home from Hna M's house... well, really to the bus or to another cita (appointment) and the streeet was muddy so we were walking very carefully and then Hna S stepped in a huge mud puddle and got mud all over her feet and then she climbed down into the gutter ditch thing so she could wash her feet and it was not so graceful in a skirt and it made me laugh, haha. 

18.  What have you learned about missionary work and being a missionary in the last few months? 

I have learned... more about following the Spirit. Since I'm kind of in charge...well, not really but I take the lead and I have really, really needed direction. A lot of times I don't even know what to do but someone comes to mind and so we just go and usually it turns out well. Hna A and Hna S have both said that I am good at following the Spirit and that whenever I say, hey, I think we should visit somebody, and we go it turns out well. I don't realize that I do that or that it's the Spirit, but I think that I have seen more the hand of God directing us, directing me in this work. I need to get better at it but I'm getting there. 

19.  How are J and N doing? 

Well they are doing alright... They didn't come to church yesterday because of the rain and J felt a little bad. I just really, really hope that they can come to church every Sunday!!!! And it makes me sad when they don't come.

20.  What did you learn from your personal study this week? 

I'm almost done with the Old Testament in Spanish and Jesus the Christ. But I'm rereading the conference talks again and I really like the one by Elder christofferson about being free to choose. It's pretty legit. 

21.  Do you know that I love you and I miss you? 

Always. I love you, too. 

22.  What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week? 

We were at the beach at sunset this week and took pictures and it was GORGEOUS! And I finally have a computer that reads my USB so i can send the pictures! 

23.  Did you have any unusual experiences this week? 

Yeah...well, we walked into a house and they were cooking iguana... who eats that! And this morning the dogs were barking loud and it turns out that they killed a possum... and it was really gross. We had to call the elders to come dispose of it... it was huge! 

24. What has been your biggest challenge this week? 

Feeling like the world is on my shoulders. I have to do everything and I can't. I just can't do it all. 

25.  What are your goals for this week? 

To give more responsibilities to Hna S and to help her speak more. 

26.  Is the cut on your finger healing? 

Yeah, it is already gone! 

27.  What's the most unusual thing you ate this week?  What was the best thing you ate this week?  What was the worst thing you ate this week? 

We ate a squid soup... it's quite popular here actually, lol. It wasn't my favorite. Squid just has a weird texture. The best thing...Hna Doris G cooks really, really well and she made us platanos fritos and they were realyl yummy... fried plaintains

Life is good. I'm still alive! 

Hermana Gisseman






















The buses here are crazy....


It's the rainy season....


Our English Class




With Alexandra G




This is someone's house






Marquitos G -- he is so darn cute

























Elder I -- he cracks us up



The possum that the dogs killed...gross!


At the beach with the children of Familia G


















No comments:

Post a Comment