Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 75 -- That Time the Dog Chased Me and I Jumped Into a Stranger's Pila....

1.  What did you do for P-Day this week? 

We did do something fun! We went to the beach and played soccer barefoot. and there were some other missionaries there from our zone, too, and they were playing volleyball and we totally beat them, haha. It was so fun. And we went and ate at my favorite restaurant which was delicious. And I got sunburned and now we are here. 

2.  How was this week?  Did anything unusual or exciting happen?  

It was really good. We got to help Hermano Ricardo clean a house that he is going to rent with Marquitos and Bridgette... and I accidentally locked myself into a bedroom. That was scary. I was freaking out -- one, because I couldn't see my companion anymore, and two, because I was stuck in a room with no way to get out since there are bars on the windows here. But he used a knife and got me out. 

3.  How is Hna S doing? 

She's doing well. 

4.  Were you able to talk to a lot of people this week? Was it another busy week full of work for you? 

Every week is busy for us now, lol. We talk to about 60 people every week. It's more people than I have talked to my whole mission, with any other companion. So it makes me feel really good. But since we have the new area we always have a ton of work! 

5.  How was church yesterday?  Did you have many investigators and less active members there?  Did you learn anything new? 

We did have 5 people there. Some of Familia R, Ricardo and Dilsia. 

6.  How is Familia R? 

Well, they are always there... they need to get divorced so they can get married, and we are thinking of doing an activity or something to raise money for them to do that! 

7.  Looking back on your mission, tell me something you've learned from each of your companions.

Hna P -- I learned from her example what being a missionary was. And how to do things well. 
Hna A -- I learned how much I like to work and be busy
Hna V -- I learned what being a consecrated missionary really means. 
Hna C -- I learned that sometimes when we feel weak, God helps us be stronger by helping support someone else, even when it feels impossible. 
Hna U -- I learned how to say the things that really need to be said, to companions, members, or other missionaries. 
Hna N -- I learned to truly love the people of Honduras. 
Hna A -- I learned to love the mission and to enjoy every second. 
Hna S -- I am still learning so much! 

And with each one, patience. And I'm learning that I really do like to be around people!

8.  What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week?  Answers to your prayers?   

Our district meeting was wonderful and we talked about charity. I have been praying for that a lot this week and I honestly feel like the Lord is helping me to love others and to see them as He sees them and to see and appreciate their efforts. 

9.  How is familia Galeas? 

They are doing well! I love them. It was funny because M got like grounded and his punishment was that he couldn't leave with us on Sunday.  hahahahaha 

10.  What other members have you spent time with this week? 

This week we left with Grorvin once and were going to leave with Dony, our ward mission leader, but turns out he had a meeting so he couldn't come.

11  How is Josselyn doing on her mission? 

I don't know... I need to ask her. 

12.  How are Hna M and her family doing?  

They are doing well... didn't come to church this week. But gave us a reference so that's good. 

13.  How have you served someone this week? 

Like I said in the beginning, we got to help Hermano Ricardo get a house ready to rent so we were cleaning the windows which are like slits here so it's really hard and we cleaned the screens and the floor. We will paint next week, I think. 

14.  What was the best thing happened this week? 

Going to the beach! And that Hno Ricardo is just really, really pilas! 

15.  What was the funnest/funniest thing that happened this week? 

So we were going to a cita (appointment) and I just have bad luck with dogs and since the last one bit me, I have been really afraid of them. So we walked up this mountain and there was a dog in the road and Hna S passed him and so did Marquitos and it didn't do anything so I passed it and then it decided to get up and jump and bark so I screamed and Hna S started throwing rocks at it and I RAN and did the most logical thing at the time which was climb on top of a pila, lol. So I totally ran and climbed into someone else's pila to run away from a dog and it was really funny when the dog's owner came and found me on the pila, lol, but it didn't bite us!

16.  What was the spiritual highlight of your week? 

Learning more about charity.  

17.  Do you know that I love you and I miss you? 

Always. 

18.  What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week? 

The clean sand at the beach today! 

19.  What was the best thing you ate this week? 

We went to my favorite resaurant! So I had a fish fillet with salsa de coco... delish! 

20.  Can you buy a Honduran cookbook there so you can remember/learn how to make some of the foods you really love from there? 

I wanted to but I don't know where to find one... I will look, though, that's a good idea. 

21. What has been your biggest challenge this week? 

I think really having charity. It was a challenge, but I feel like I really have gotten better at it. And just being so dang tired all the time! We are soooo busy!  Because we can't be in the other area at night (the new part of our bigger area), we try to pass at lesaet two days of the week in that area which means we either have to walk far to get there or we have to take a bus and come back at 6 pm and then we work close to home.  But we have a few less citas and have to walk a lot faster.  There's just not enough time to visit everyone!

22.  What was your biggest personal success/triumph this week? 

Hving charity! 

23.  What are your goals for this week? 

To have fun and to not think about home, lol. I need to do as much as I can while I am here. 

24.  Tell me about a time you felt really happy this week. 

We went to Wendy's after our first correlacion with the ward mission leader this week and It was just so fun to be with all the missionaries and to just talk and kind of take a breather during the week. 

Tis e-mail has like nothing in it, lol....sorry!  And no pictures this week -- the page won't load.

I miss you but I don't know that I want to come home because real life seems scary!  I'm just really grateful that we always have enough.  It's really sad but people here literally live from day to day.  And I'm glad you set up a hair appointment for me because I just feel so frumpy now and I don't know what it's like to have nice clothes anymore, and I really want to feel pretty!

Hermana Gisseman

No comments:

Post a Comment