Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 76 -- 13 Investigators at Church!!!!

Happy birthday, Oma!

I think that reading the Book of Mormon like that -- focusing on one topic -- is a really good idea. It's something that President and Hna Dester have said more than once to us, and Elder Ochoa... to go through the Book of Mormon looking for scriptures that talk about faith. 

1.  What did you do for P-Day this week? 

Today we went as a zone to Omoa, the beach! And we went to the castle that I have already been to 4 times, lol. But it was fun becasue I was with different people. I am constantly reminded about how important it is for us to always be a good example of what a missionary of Christ should be. Then we ate on the beach and now we are here and I'm sunburned a little bit. 

2.  How was this week?  Did anything unusual or exciting happen?  

This week was good! We had fewer lessons but more contacts and we had 13 investigators at church which is a lot! Almost everybody came! I was so happy. But there were some rejections this week. But that is to be expected. 

3.  How is Hna S doing? 

She's doing well. She talks to everyone and her Spanish is getting better. She helps me plan and teach and it really helps take a huge load off of me.

4.  Do you feel like you've been able to have more charity this week? 

I don't know. I think that I might have slacked off in praying for it, but I think that I still have more charity than I had before.

5.  Were you able to talk to a lot of people this week? 

Yes! We talked to 76 new people this week. Unfortunately they didn't want to hear our message, lol, but we did our part to introduce ourselves and invite them. But, yeah, we worked in the area of the elders.  Well, now it's ours.... it's lots more rejection!

6.  How was church yesterday?  Did you have many investigators and less active members there?  Did you learn anything new? 

Like i said, we had 13 investigators at church which is a TON! I wish all of them were progressing towards baptism but at least they were there. Less active members not so much... but church was good. They talked a lot about the life of our Savior Jesus Christ. I like that.

7.  How is Familia R?  

They are doing well. Their daughter turned15 this week and they invited us over for cake and fried rice. They are just so sweet to us. 

8.  I think Pres Dester has shared a lot of wisdom and advice with you over your mission.  Which advice or wisdom or whatever has he shared with you that has stood out the most to you? 

I think what he has always shared with me about perfectionism. That really I worry about things that aren't important to God and I shouldn't. And that it's okay to make mistakes, that's why we are here. And with time we truly will be perfected in Christ. 

9.  What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week?  Answers to your prayers?  

Well, yesterday our day went downhill... all the citas (appointments) fell through and we walked for 3 hours and then finally we had a cita with a part member family and then we went with Familia R who shared the cake and their love with us and then we got a call right when we were going to leave to go contact a reference with an hermana in the ward and to me that was a miracle and at the exact timing, too, becasue we literally had NOTHING! 

10.  How is familia G? 

Very good. Marquitos always leaves with us. Yesterday we asked him who his best friend was and he said Jesus Christ. If only we could all have that kind of love for our Savior!

11.  What other members have you spent time with this week? 

Just Familia G. We had a noche de hogar (family home evening) with them and Familia Moncada and I think that they really enjoyed it! I had fun. 

12.  How are Hna M and her family doing?  I don't really know... we only see them once a week mom. They built a new awning on their house, but they didn't come to church. 

13.  How have you served someone this week? 

I don't really know... I'm making an agenda for an elder in our district.

14.  What was the best thing that happened this week? 

Going to San Pedro Sula to listen to an apostle! And getting to see all of my missionaries and Hna Archila! 

15.  What was the funnest/funniest thing that happened this week? 

I just don't remember funny... but when I do have them, I tell you.

16.  What was the spiritual highlight of your week? 

Well, we went to San Pedro to listen to Bishop Davies, Elder Maynes, and Elder Neil L Anderson of the Quorum of the 12... we got to shake thier hands and just to be in the same room as them... it was a once in a lifetime experience. They talked about their misison experiences and how we really do make a difference. And Elder Anderson talked about how we need to really feel the power of the atonement in our lives in order to help otheres. 

17.  Do you know that I love you and I miss you? 

Yes

18.  What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week? 

The beach! The water at Omoa was a lot clearer than it is in Puerto! So it was way pretty. There wasn't much beach, but the water was clear and it's just always nice to be at the beach.

19.  What was the best thing you ate this week? 

Um... I think tres leches cake. Who doesn't like cake?

20. What has been your biggest challenge this week? 

I think rejection... it was a slower week this week just because we didn't have as many citas. 

21.  What was your biggest personal success/triumph this week? 

I'm not sure.

22.  What are your goals for this week? 

To just keep working, especially with Hno R so that he can get baptized on the 28th. Pray for him. 

23.  Tell me about a time you felt really happy this week. 

Well, we went to visit Hno R and we taught him the Word of Wisdom and he accepted it. He stopped drinking coffee and smoking. I hope that he can stay away from them for good.  He's really trying and to just see someong who really is acting on the Lord's commandments and on the promptings of the Spirit makes me really happy. 

When you told me that Brie wants to start running with me, I actually almost started crying.  That makes me so happy.  I don't want to disappoint her and be the person I used to be.  I can't wait for her to whip me into shape!

I almost cried at church this Sunday, not just because so many of my people were there but because I knew that it will all be coming to an end.  Only two more weeks....don't worry about the house and all that.  I just want to be with my family and for us to be happy together.  The most important thing is that we are all together, that's all that matters to me.  I'll help you clean just to give me someting to do!  I just want to be with you guys.  I love you so much.

Can you have a good pile of church books picked out for me to read when I get home, and other books? I  really want to read rather than watch TV.  All important and intelligent and spiritual people read.  I want to read more.  And I'm worried about having a hard time when I come home.  I need to stay busy.  I really do want to work in the temple -- and I need a job to keep me busy and on a schedule.  I would love something that uses my Spanish.

Love you! 

Hermana Gisseman












]\










































































No comments:

Post a Comment