Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 77 -- One of the Best Weeks Ever

1. Were you able to see Marcia and her family? 

Yes, I did:) It was so sweet. Marcia grilled for us -- I've only ever seen her do that once before for a family event. And we just talked for a while and it just felt like I was home again, like I had never left. Her mom, Juana, looked a lot better! She was so happy and smiling and walking around and before she was sick. But she looked so good and they just talked about how I was like an angel that God sent into their lives. It was so sweet. And I saw Andrea who will be moving next week... I also got to see Hna Iris!  My convert. As we were leaving she was walking down the street so that was really special! It felt like I was going home. I love that family so much. 

2.  What did you do for P-Day this week? 

Well, we were oging to go to the beach and play volleyball but instead we went to the other beach and played card games. But it was fun. And we went to eat at Burger King and I printed out photos... I may have packed a little bit more, lol... I think I have to bring the 2 big suitcases... just for the weight of them... but oh well. And I washed a ton of clothes because we didnt have water from Wednesday to Sunday night... fun stuff, lol. 

3.  How was this week?  Did anything unusual or exciting happen?   

Well, like I said, we didn't have water. They shut off the water to the whole city from Thursday to Sunday to put a new filter in... if you caught that, we didn't have water on Wednesday either because someone pulled a prank on us and turned our water off.... gosh darn it! But we survived and noticed an hour before they acutally turned off the water so we could fill up the pila, lol. But it was anoying to keep bringing in water and showering from a bucket, but what a better way to finish the mission, lol. 

OH, and we had a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) on Monday and it was so weird. So we got a call from the elders who told us to go to this lady's house but we didn't know where it was so they gave us a phone number. So we called the number and I still didn't know who she was so she was like go wait on the corner and we will send someone to get you. So it was dark and we were just waiting there and I felt like I was part of a drug deal or something, lol, but I ended up recognizing her and we got there fine. 

4.  How is Hna S doing?  Does she feel like she’s ready to “graduate” from training? 

Yeah, she is doing a lot better! This week I have felt a huge weight lifted so I feel like I've been able to be myself and I don't get frustrated as easily and we have laughed a LOT this week and just talked which is really nice.  :) She's going to be a great missionary. 

5.  Do you feel like you've been able to have more charity this week? 

Yeah

6.  Were you able to talk to a lot of people this week? 

Mas o menos (more or less)... we talked to about 50... which isn't too bad. To be honest that's more than I ever talked to in a week with other companions. 

7.  How was church this week?  Did you have many investigators and less active members there?  Did you learn anything new? 

It was really good. I really like the teachers for Relief Society here. They are all really, really good and I always learn something. We had Ricardo there and familia Reyes and a new investigator.  Well, he's one that we have had for a long time, but he came to church for the first time.  So that was exciting! 

8.  How is Hno Ricaardo doing?  And Hno Nicolas? 

Ricardo is great! He found someone to rent the house. He went to an activity for Father's Day at the church (this week was Honduran Father's Day) and he is getting baptized this Saturday if all goes well so I am really, really excited! Like so happy! He's just so cute. We served him by raking up leaves and burning them. Nicolas is someone we found at the beginning of the change who is really pilas but he needs to get married. 

9.  What did Pres Dester have to say this week? 

He talked about a conference that we are going to have coming up on the fifth Sunday and how it's going to be missionary focused and we are going to present like family plans... fun stuff... I won't even be here! 

10.  What miracles and tender mercies have you seen this week?  Answers to your prayers?   

So many! Keep reading!

11.  How has someone else blessed your life this week? 

Marcia and that she always loves us. Familia Galeas and that they are like our family here in Puerto! They are always so willing to serve and help us in any way that they can! Oh, and Ricardo paid a bus fare for us because he was so grateful for everything we do for him -- now that he has someone renting the house he got a little bit of money. 

12.  How is familia Galeas? 

They are really great. They are helping us to paint Ricardo's house. That was a miracle. We had an activity for Father' Day and Ricardo hadn't eaten anything the whole day because he didn't have any money. He has no job and depended on the house he rents out. And we took him to the activity and he got to eat dinner and Hno Galeas said that he was going to help us paint the house for him. Wow. I had honestly been praying that someone could help us because it's not like we can go out and spend a lot on paint... but Hno Juan Carlos Galeas has a few gallons left over! A huge blessing! So we will see if we get it painted this week! 

13.  What other members have you spent time with this week? 

Not very many... this week there weren't many members that left with us.  :(

14.  How have you served someone this week? 

Like I said, we raked for Hno Ricardo. 

15.  What was the best thing happened this week? 

Just enjoying the time.. Going to Fesitranh, probably. And seeing how happy Hno Ricardo is. 

16.  What was the funnest/funniest thing that happened this week? 

I think that this week we had lots of laughs and funny moments...let's see... so we were walking down the main street... the street we always walk down and a few weeks back all of the sudden some big dogs left their yard and started chasing us. So ever since then I have rightfully been a little afraid of this house. So we were walking by it and Hna S pulls a prank on me and makes a bark... and it was so real that I started running down the street and then all the dogs on the block started barking, lol, and it was really funny and we laughed all the way home. 

17.  What was the spiritual highlight of your week? 

I still don't know!!!! AH!  Probably the miracle of Hno Juan Carlos and that he is going to help us. I almost started crying! 

18.  Do you know that I love you and I miss you? 

Always! 

19.  What was the most beautiful thing you saw this week? 

I don't know.. the beach or the dirt covered roads of Fesitranh. AND I GOT OMA AND ANGIE's S PACKAGE!  The watch is super pretty:)  Thank you!

20.  What was the best thing you ate this week? 

Marcia's carne asada:) 

21. What has been your biggest challenge this week? 

I think this week it has really been having the focus to study in my personal studies and staying asleep the whole night. I keep waking up at like 5:30 or 5:45 and I get really antsy and anxious. So it's kind of annoying. 

22.  What was your biggest personal success/triumph this week? 

I think being able to be relaxed and chill during the week. I feel like I really wasn't stressed out very much. 

23.  What are your goals for this week? 

To enjoy the time. Visit everyone I want to say goodbye to. Make it thought the divisions with the hermanas lideres... I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to come the very last week of this transfer!

24.  Tell me about a time you felt really happy this week. 

I don't know a specific time.. I just feel more happy in general and for me that is a very good thing. I just laugh with my companion and if people reject us I don't get discouraged and I'm just really calm about everything. 

25.  Tell me about your plans for this, your last full week in the mission……  (Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it’s your last full week in the mission!)

26.  See #23.

26.  Do you feel like you’ve accomplished the work the Lord had for you to do in Honduras? 

I honestly think so. I always thought that I would feel like a failure at the end because I generally don't like my own work or I'm such a perfectionist, but I feel so peaceful that I really think that I have.

27.  How do you feel you have changed as a result of your mission? 

I see how important my family is to me and how I really need to do better at having meaningful family relationships, I have a gareter desire to learn about doctrine. I'm more patient. I think I'm more chill. I really love hot weather. I think that I am definitely a lot more frugal and that things don't bother me as much anymore. I'm less of a perfectionist and I think I'm learning to be more happy in the moment. 

Send me pictures of Brie playing lacrosse!  I'm excited to start running with her.  I'm so out of shape...she'll be teaching me endurance!

Can you believe I'm coming home next week, Mommy?

I love you all! 
See you soon!  Eight more days (I'm not counting next Wednesday or Thursday.  On Wednesday I'll be at the mission home in going home workshops, dinner with President and Sister Dester, final interviews, and on Thursday I'll be on a plane!)


Hermana Gisseman



\













































;;'























No comments:

Post a Comment